A corporate is a legal entity where a group of people organize themselves for profitable or non profitable business is called a corporate. In any corporate a hierarchical structure of the employees and the bosses are found. The importance of this hierarchy remains in the fact that it is beneficial for both the employee and the employer. In any organization a number of departments function simultaneously, and it is important to maintain coordination between these departments. The coordination is maintained with the help of the hierarchy prevalent in the organization.
In a corporate executive hierarchy can be seen where the high and the mid level executives are mentioned with a term that starts with a C and ends with an O.
- Chairman- In a company the leading individual who possesses the highest authority and provides leadership in the ventures is known as the chairman, or the chairperson of the company, if she is a woman. He advises and influences them and the chief executive officer in performing jobs in a way which is beneficial for the company.
- Chief executive officer or CEO- In the cases where there is no chairman in the company, the chief executive officer enjoys the supreme power. He or she is the top ranking officer among the executives of a company.
- Chief operations officers or COO- The chief operations officer is also known as the President of a company. It is the duty of the COO to handle and manage the day to day operations of a company, because he or she is the director of operations. They need to focus on the strategy part of the company and how those strategies are to be developed and used for company’s benefit.
- Chief financial officer of CFO- The CFO is responsible for managing the finances of the company at the topmost executive level. He or she must report to the CEO on issues concerning the financial position of the company. They are also called Treasurers.
- Chief administrative officer or CAO- A CAO is supposed to deal with the administrative section of a corporate and manage and coordinate for that purpose. This rank is considered one of the highest ranks in the corporate hierarchy.
- Chief information officer or CIO- It is the duty of a CIO to manage the information and data of the company. He or she must keep this information secured from any external attack.
- Chief technology officer or CTO- As the name suggests, the CTO is in charge of the technological proceedings of a company. The CTO also manages the research and development sections.
- Chief marketing officer or CMO- In a corporate the person who handles the different marketing activities of the company at the executive level is known as the CMO.
- Chief human resources officer or CHRO- This is a mid level rank in the company, who is in charge of the management and development of the human resources in the corporate.
This is the structure of executive hierarchy in a corporate.