The sports club serves dual purpose such as; they provide channel for the members to participate in their respective sports choices and in addition, they also provide leadership opportunities to the students.
Many sport clubs are associated with a National Governing Body, which works in partnership with the regional and local bodies. NGB provides standards for the competition and safety guidelines in their respective sports.
Let’s take a look at a sports club hierarchy, which helps in increasing the efficiency of the sport clubs. The different levels of the hierarchy are as follows:
- The president conducts various club meetings and maintains close communication with all the members of the club.
- The president is well knowledgeable about the code of conduct of the sports club and s/he transmits this information to other members of the sports club.
- The president keeps track of all the relevant records and documents of the club and assigns the appropriate tasks to other officers.
- The vice-president assists the president in his/her duties.
- In the absence of president, a vice-president performs the required tasks that are done by the president.
- A treasurer handles all the financial matters associated with the sports club.
- S/he maintains all the financial records and reports all the financial matters to the authorities.
Sports Club Coordinator
- A sports club coordinator of the sports club hierarchy oversees all the important activities going on, in the sports club.
Sports Club Manager
- A sports club manager reports to the coordinator at regular intervals of time and assist in all the activities of the sports club.
- The manager attends the council meetings to discuss the ongoing issues within the sports club and designs appropriate strategy to resolve those issues.
Sports Club Executive Board
- The Executive board is a group of elected members of the sports club.
- The elected members are also called as sports club officers.
- They oversee all the direct operations of their particular sport club.
Sports Club Coach
- A coach in a sports club hierarchy is an individual who instructs the members to play the respective sport in a proper way.
Sports Cub Council
- The Council makes recommendations on various aspects of the sports club program..
- The Council is responsible for organizational development and fundraising.
- The Council creates, organizes and maintains the fundraising events in order to subsidize the cost of managing the sports club.
- The Council conducts various cub meetings from time to time to discuss the relevant issues.