Wal-Mart Stores is a muntinational retail corporation in America which is functioning as a chain of discount departmental stores, grocery stores and supermarkets. It ws formed in 1969 and since then, it is the most popular chain store where most of the Americans shop for their daily needs. It also operates in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, India, Japan and Argentina under different names. Walmart is a big company and hence, the store business functions according to a hierarchy planned for smooth functioning. The Hierarchy is divided into 3 main branches given below:
- Above Store Managers: The Above Store Managers do not really visit the stores everyday but look after the overall progress of multiple stores. They take care of the accounts, statistics and supply by overlooking the reports given to them by their juniors.
- Senior Vice President: He looks after the fucntioning of Walmart stores located all over. He is responsible for the smooth functioning of the stores and keeping a track of the sales and profits by taking statistics from his juniors.
- Regional Vice President: The regional Vice President takes care of the functioning of Walmart stores of a particular region. He takes care of the accounts and profits generated from the stores of that particular area.
- Market managers: The Market Managers look after the profits being made by the store by analysing the market. He is responsible to introduce new offers and discounts for stores of a particular area by studying the consumer behavior of that particular place.
- In-Store Managers: The In-store managers are responsible for managing an entire store. Given below are three sub levels of in-store managers.
- General Manager: The General manager looks after the entire functioning of the store, including looking after the sales and stocking of the goods. He checks the accounts from time to time and solves issues related to anything which happens in the store.
- Co-Manager: The Co-Manager assists the General Manager in his work and helps him manage the store efficiently.
- Assistant Manager: The Assistant Manager instructs the in-store employees with respect to their daily tasks. He informs about the sales strategies formed by the seniors to the in-store workers so that they execute the instructions.
- In-Store Hourly Workers: They are the staff at Walmart whom you see most of the times working on floor, instead of the admin department.
- Support Manager: The Support Manager looks after the daily working of the store and keeps records of the sales and stocks.
- Customer Service Supervisors: Customer Service Supervisors help the customers with issues related to the products they buy. They also assist the customers in finding the required products, incase they are not able to locate the right shelf.
- Cashiers and Sales Associates: Cashiers are the ones who prepare the bills for the customers and sales associates help the customers get the required goods.
Stockers: Stockers stock up the shelves of the stores and arrange the products properly in the stands. If any product is torn or packaged, they are responsible for discarding it.