A fast food center that we see in our cities are not just restaurants serving food but are properly working full-fledged companies that work on the basis of the efforts and hardwork of multiple employees and various departments. The food we eat at these chains are just the final products that we receive but in the backdrop, there are multiple operations being run from marketing, finance, accountancy and advertising to several others.
Fast food chains are often part of corporate chains or entities and may also be franchised out. Depending on these factors, a fast food company may have many job designations, a hierarchy structure of which has been presented below for your reference.
A fast food company is basically a corporate chain which consists of corporate or managerial level executives, who work at the senior most posts to run the company, direct its operations and look after its finances. The following are the main job positions in the right order of hierarchy:
1. Chief Executive Officer -holds the top most position in the operations of a fast food company
2. Chief Financial Officer -sits on top of the finance department or chain and manages the entire financial aspect of the business.
3. Board of Directors -all the shareholders and top most executives form the board of directors and are responsible for taking the major decisions.
4. President -the highest member of the board of directors, often also the chief executive officer.
The following are the other departmental positions falling under corporate executives:
- Marketing managers
- Sales managers
- Advertising managers
- Quality controllers
In case a fast food chain’s restaurants have been franchised to franchisees, the order of hierarchy for each particular chain member may differ. The following are the hierarchical job positions within a franchised fast food outlet:
- Franchise owner-owner of a particular franchised fast food outlet and the person who is responsible for running the franchise as per the needs of the fast food company head.
- Fast food outlet manager-the individual responsible for handling the management of the outlet.
- Assistant manager
- Food servers
District and Regional Managers
To handle the running and operations of each fast food chain outlet, the CEO or other corporate executive may hire regional managers to govern each of the districts. They monitor the activities of each of the chains to see that they adhere to policies, customer service and all the other kinds of regulations.